Logtalk Processing of STEP Part 21 Files
STEP is an international standard for modeling information used in manufacturing activities; Part 21 is a STEP component that standardizes the exchange of this information through text files. We are working on applying logic programming techniques to processing STEP data models. The STEP standard specifies the entities, attributes, consistency rules, and functions used for describing and validating manufacturing information. Most STEP entities and data types are organized into hierarchies, making an object-oriented approach the most straight-forward implementation solution. Our work uses Logtalk, an object oriented extension to Prolog, as the primary implementation tool.
- 1.STEP Part 21 to Prolog web site, http://www.kshell.com/prolog/
- 2.ISO STEP Standards web site, http://www.steptools.com/library/standard/
- 3.ISO TC184/SC4 web site, http://www.tc184-sc4.org/
- 4.STEP Software Products web site, http://pdesinc.aticorp.org/step_products.html
- 6.Logtalk web site, http://www.logtalk.org/