Construction of Rational Points on Elliptic Curves over Finite Fields
We give a deterministic polynomial-time algorithm that computes a nontrivial rational point on an elliptic curve over a finite field, given a Weierstrass equation for the curve. For this, we reduce the problem to the task of finding a rational point on a curve of genus zero.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Bourbaki, N.: Algebra II. In: Elements of Mathematics, ch. 4–7, pp. 4–7. Springer, Berlin (2003); Translated from the 1981 French edition by P. M. Cohn and J. Howie, Reprint of the 1990 English edition Google Scholar
- 4.Bumby, R.T.: Sums of four squares. In: Number theory (New York, 1991–1995), pp. 1–8. Springer, New York (1996)Google Scholar
- 9.Shafarevich, I.R.: Basic algebraic geometry, 2nd edn., vol. 1. Springer, Berlin (1994); Varieties in projective space, Translated from the 1988 Russian edition and with notes by Miles ReidGoogle Scholar
- 10.Silverman, J.H.: The arithmetic of elliptic curves. Graduate Texts in Mathematics, vol. 106. Springer, New York (1992); Corrected reprint of the 1986 originalGoogle Scholar
- 12.van de Woestijne, C.: Deterministic equation solving over finite fields. PhD thesis, Universiteit Leiden (2006)Google Scholar