A Hypertube as a Possible Interpolation Region of a Neural Model
The aim of this article is to present a method which can be applied to determine interpolation region of a multidimensional neural model. The method is based on the parametric curve modelling. The idea of it is to surround the parametric curve model with the hypertube covering most of the data points used in a neural model training. The practical application of the method will be shown via a system of an unemployment rate in Poland in years 1992-1999.
KeywordsUnemployment Rate Convex Hull Surface Model Chain Model Neural Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Ac1]Aczel, A.D.: Complete Business Statistics. Richard D. Irwin, Inc., Sydney (1993)Google Scholar
- [DB1]Demuth, H., Beale, M.: Neural Network Toolbox User. The Math Works Inc., Natick MA USA (2000)Google Scholar
- [Fl1]Flannery, B.P., Press, W.H., Teukolsky, S.A., Vetterling, W.T.: Numerical Recipes in C: The Art of Scientific Computing. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (1992)Google Scholar
- [Kl1]Klesk, P.: Algorithm for automatic definition of validated and nonvalidated region in multidimensional space. In: 10th International Conference on Advanced Computer Systems (2003)Google Scholar
- [Kl2]Klesk, P.: ’The method of setting suitable extrapolation capabilities for neurofuzzy models of multidimensional systems, PhD Thesis, Technical University of Szczecin (2005)Google Scholar
- [Kr1]Krivsky, S., Lang, B.: Verified computation of HigherDimensional convex hulls and the solution of linear systems. Electronic Journal on Mathematics of Computation (2003)Google Scholar
- [Ma1]Masters, T.: Practical Neural Networks Recipes in C++. Academic Press, London (1993)Google Scholar
- [Ni1]Niederlinski, A.: Polynomial and Neural Input-Output Models for Control - a Comparison. In: MMAR 1997, Poland (1997)Google Scholar
- [Re1]Rejer, I.: A method of modeling a multi-dimensional system via artificial intelligence methods on the example of an unemployment in Poland, The publishing house of the Szczecin University, Szczecin (2003)Google Scholar