Cognitive Analysis in Diagnostic DSS-Type IT Systems
This paper demonstrates that AI methods – in particular, linguistic mechanisms of semantic meaning reasoning can be applied to the development of intelligent IT systems. They also facilitate an in-depth analysis of the meaning presented in DDS information systems.
This paper also presents the IT mechanisms of object meaning description on selected examples of spinal cord image analysis. The procedures for such semantic reasoning are based on the model of cognitive resonance. These have been applied to the task of interpreting the meaning of selected diagnostic images from the central nervous system as an intelligent analysis module in IT systems. The application presented in this paper is of a research character and it serves the preparation of efficient lesion detection methods applied to a dataset originating from magnetic and resonance examinations of the spinal cord structures.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Albus, J.S., Meystel, A.M.: Engineering of Mind - An Introduction to the Science of Intelligent Systems. A Wiley-Interscience Publication John Wiley & Sons Inc (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Burgener, F.A., Meyers, S.P., Tan, R.K., Zaunbauer, W.: Differential Diagnosis in Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Georg Thieme Verlag (2002)Google Scholar
- 3.Ogiela, L.: Usefulness assessment of cognitive analysis methods in selected IT systems. Ph. D. Thesis. AGH Kraków (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Ogiela, M.R., Tadeusiewicz, R., Ogiela, L.: Inteligent Semantic Information Retrieval In Medical Pattern Cognitive Analysis. In: Gervasi, O., Gavrilova, M.L., Kumar, V., Laganá, A., Lee, H.P., Mun, Y., Taniar, D., Tan, C.J.K. (eds.) ICCSA 2005. LNCS, vol. 3483, pp. 852–857. Springer, Heidelberg (2005)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Tadeusiewicz, R., Ogiela, M.R.: Medical Image Understanding Technology. In: Artificial Intelligence and Soft-Computing for Image Understanding, Springer, Heidelberg (2004)Google Scholar