Decomposition Based Heuristic Approach to Frequency Reassignment Problem
In this paper, I present a frequency reassignment problem (FRP) arising from the installation of new base stations for capacity expansion in mobile telecommunication systems, and develop an integer programming (IP) formulation along with some valid inequalities. Also, I develop a novel decomposition based heuristic algorithm. Computational results show that the developed valid inequalities are quite strong, and that the developed heuristic algorithm finds a feasible solution of good quality within reasonable time bound.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Aardal, K., Hoesel, S., Koster, A., Mannino, C., Sassano, A.: Models and Solution Techniques: Frequency Assignment Problems, ZIB Report 01-40 (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Borndörfer, R., Eisenblätter, A., Grötschel, M., Martin, A.: The Orientation Model for Frequency Assignment Problem, Tech. Report TR 98-01, Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum für Informationstechnik Berlin (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.CPLEX Division: CPLEX 9.0 Users’ Manual, ILOG Inc. (2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Han, J.H.: Frequency Reassignment Problem in Mobile Communication Networks. Computers and Operations Research (accepted)Google Scholar
- 8.Koster, A.M.C.A.: Frequency Assignment: Models and Algorithms, Ph.D. thesis, Maastricht University (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.Lee, S., Bang, H.: IMT-2000 CDMA Technology. Sehwa Publishing (2001)Google Scholar