Function Point Extraction Method from Goal and Scenario Based Requirements Text
Efficient processing of software requirements expressed in natural language is still and active area of research in systems development. Function Point is widely used as a basis to estimate software development cost and schedule. This paper discusses a method for extracting function point from requirements text gathered using the goal and scenario based requirements elicitation technique. The proposed method aims to establish and maintain traceability between function point and requirements text. Text based function point extraction guidance rules have been developed. The proposed method-ology has been applied to Order Processing System development.
KeywordsFunction Point Data Function Goal Modeling Target Application External Application
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Albrecht, A.J.: Measuring Application Development Productivity. In: IBM Applications Development Symposium, Monterey CA (1979)Google Scholar
- 3.Garmus, D., Herron, D.: Function Point Analysis. Addison Wesley, Reading (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.ISO-IEC, International ISO/IEC Standard 14143-1, Information Technology – Software measurement – Functional size, Part 1: Definition of Concepts (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Uemura, T., Kusumoto, S., Inoue, K.: Function Point Measurement Tool for UML Design Specification. In: IEEE METRICS 1999, p. 62 (1999)Google Scholar
- 6.IFPUG, Function Point Counting Practice Manual Release 4.1.1, International Function Point User Group (2000)Google Scholar
- 7.Boehm, B., In, H.: Software Cost Option Strategy Tool (S-COST). In: Boehm, B. (ed.) Proceedings of 20th International Computer Software and Applications Conference (COMPSAC 1996), pp. 15–20 (August 1996)Google Scholar