Tailor the Value-Based Software Quality Achievement Process to Project Business Cases
This paper proposes a risk-based process strategy decision-making approach. To improve the flexibility in applying the Value-Based Software Quality Achievement (VBSQA) process framework, we embed the risk-based process strategy decision-making approach into the VBSQA process framework. It facilitates project managers to tailor the VBSQA process framework to different project business cases (schedule-driven, product-driven, and market trend-driven). A real world ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software project (DIMS) in China is used as an example to illustrate different process strategies generated from process tailoring.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Huang, L.: A Value-Based Process for Achieving Software Dependability. In: Proceedings of International Software Process Workshop, Beijing, China. LNCS, Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Boehm, B., Hansenzz, W.: Understanding the Spiral Model as a Tool for Evolutionary Acquisition. CrossTalk (May 2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Boehm, B., Jain, A.: An Initial Theory of VBSE. In: Aurum, A., Biffl, S., Boehm, B., Erdogmus, H., Gruenbacher, P. (eds.) Value-Based Software Engineering, Springer, Heidelberg (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Boehm, B., Turner, R.: Balancing Agility and Discipline. Addison Wesley, Reading (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Boehm, B., Port, D., Huang, L., Brown, W.: Using the Spiral Model and MBASE to Generate New Acquisition Process Models: SAIV, CAIV, and SCQAIV. CrossTalk 15(1), 20–25 (2002)Google Scholar