Logical Spaces in Multi-agent Only Knowing Systems
We present a weak multi-agent system of Only knowing and an analysis of the logical spaces that can be defined in it. The logic complements the approach to generalizing Levesque‘s All I Know system made by Halpern and Lakemeyer. A novel feature of our approach is that the logic is defined entirely at the object level with no reference to meta-concepts in the definition of the axiom system. We show that the logic of Halpern and Lakemeyer can be encoded in our system in the form of a particular logical space.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Halpern, J.Y.: Reasoning about Only Knowing with Many Agents. In: Proceedings of the 11th National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI 1993), pp. 655–661 (1993)Google Scholar
- 6.Lakemeyer, G.: All They Know: A Study in Multi-Agent Autoepistemic Reasoning. In: Proc. of the 13th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI 1993), pp. 376–381 (1993)Google Scholar
- 9.Solhaug, B.: Logical Spaces in Multi-Modal Only Knowing Logics. Master’s Thesis, University of Oslo (2004)Google Scholar
- 10.Waaler, A.: Logical Studies in ComplementaryWeak S5. Doctoral thesis, University of Oslo (1994)Google Scholar
- 11.Waaler, A., Klüwer, J.W., Langholm, T., Lian, E.: Only Knowing with Degrees of Confidence. Journal of Applied Logic (2006) (to appear), A preprint is available at, http://folk.uio.no/johanw/ok-doc.pdf
- 13.Waaler, A., Solhaug, B.: Semantics for Multi-Agent Only Knowing (extended abstract). In: van der Meyden, R. (ed.) Proceedings of the 10th Conference on Theoretical Aspects of Rationality and Knowledge (TARK X), pp. 109–125. ACM Digital Library, New York (2005)Google Scholar