VCCM Mining: Mining Virtual Community Core Members Based on Gene Expression Programming
- 575 Downloads
Intelligence operation against the terrorist network has been studied extensively with the aim to mine the clues and traces of terrorists. The contributions of this paper include: (1) introducing a new approach to classify terrorists based on Gene Expression Programming (GEP); (2) analyzing the characteristics of the terrorist organization, and proposing an algorithm called Create Virtual Community (CVC) based on tree-structure to create a virtual community; (3) proposing a formal definition of Virtual Community (VC) and the VCCM Mining algorithm to mine the core members of a virtual community. Experimental results demonstrate the effectiveness of VCCM Mining.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Wentz, L.K., Lee, W.: Wagenhals:Effects Based Operations for Transnational Terrorist Organizations: Assessing Alternative Courses of Action to Mitigate Terrorist Threats. In: Proceedings of Command and Control Research and Technology Symposium, San Diego (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Ferreira, C.: Gene Expression Programming: Mathematical Modeling by an Artificial Intelligence, Angra do Heroismo, Portugal (2002)Google Scholar
- 4.Matt Crenson: Math wizards offer help in fighting terrorism (2004), http://www.azstarnet.com/dailystar/relatedarticles/42692.php
- 5.Qiao, S., Tang, C., Yu, Z., Wei, J., Li, H., Wu, L.: Mining Virtual Community Structure Based on SVM. Computer Science 32(7), 208–212 (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Ferreira, C.: Gene Expression Programming in Problem Solving. Soft Computing and Industry: Recent Applications, pp. 635–654. Springer, Heidelberg (2002)Google Scholar
- 8.Platt, J.: Sequential minimal optimization: A fast algorithm for training support vector machines. Advances in Kernel Methods-Support Vector learning, pp. 185–208. MIT Press, Cambridge (1999)Google Scholar