Behavioural Approximations for Restricted Linear Differential Hybrid Automata
We show the regularity of the discrete time behaviour of hybrid automata in which the rates of continuous variables are governed by linear differential operators in a diagonal form and in which the values of the continuous variables can be observed only with finite precision. We do not demand resetting of the values of the continuous variables during mode changes. We can cope with polynomial guards and we can tolerate bounded delays both in sampling the values of the continuous variables and in effecting changes in their rates required by mode switchings. We also show that if the rates are governed by diagonalizable linear differential operators with rational eigenvalues and there is no delay in effecting rate changes, the discrete time behaviour of the hybrid automaton is recursive. However, the control state reachability problem in this setting is undecidable.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Agrawal, M., Stephan, F., Thiagarajan, P.S., Yang, S.: Behavioural approximations for restricted linear differential hybrid automata. Technical Report TR42/05, School of Computing, National University of Singapore, Singapore (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Biere, A., Cimatti, A., Clarke, E.M., Strichman, O., Zhu, Y.: Bounded Model Checking. Advances in Computers 58. Academic Press, London (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Henzinger, T.A.: The theory of hybrid automata. In: 11th LICS, pp. 278–292. IEEE Press, Los Alamitos (1996)Google Scholar
- 9.Henzinger, T.A., Kopke, P.W.: State equivalences for rectangular hybrid automata. In: Sassone, V., Montanari, U. (eds.) CONCUR 1996. LNCS, vol. 1119, pp. 530–545. Springer, Heidelberg (1996)Google Scholar
- 13.Kesten, Y., Pnueli, A., Sifakis, J., Yovine, S.: Integration graphs: A class of decidable hybrid systems. In: Grossman, R.L., Ravn, A.P., Rischel, H., Nerode, A. (eds.) HS 1991 and HS 1992. LNCS, vol. 736, pp. 179–208. Springer, Heidelberg (1993)Google Scholar
- 16.Tarski, A.: A Decision Method for Elementary Algebra and Geometry. University of California Press (1951)Google Scholar
- 17.Wilkie, A.: Schanuel’s conjecture and the decidability of the real exponential field. In: Algebraic Model Theory, pp. 223–230. Kluwer, Dordrecht (1997)Google Scholar