FBD: A Function Block Designer for Distributed and Collaborative Process Planning
The objective of this research is to develop methodologies and framework for distributed and collaborative process planning. Facilitated by a real-time monitoring system, the proposed methodologies can also be applied to integrate with functions of dynamic scheduling in a distributed environment. A function block enabled collaborative process planning approach is proposed to handle dynamic changes during process plan generation and execution. This chapter focuses on collaborative process planning, particularly on the development of a function block designer. As function blocks can sense environmental changes in a shop floor, it is expected that a so generated process plan can adapt itself to the shop floor environment with dynamically optimized solutions for plan execution and process monitoring.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Wang, L., Hao, Q., Shen, W.: Function Block Based Integration of Process Planning, Scheduling and Execution for RMS. In: CD-ROM Proceedings of CIRP 2nd International Conference on Reconfigurable Manufacturing (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Wang, L., Shen, W., Li, X., Lang, S.: A Sensor-Driven Approach to Distributed Shop Floor Planning and Control. In: CD-ROM Proceedings of ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition (2003), (IMECE2003-48802)Google Scholar
- 5.Wang, L., Liu, Z., Shen, W., Lang, S.: Function-Block Enabled Job Shop Planning and Control with Uncertainty. In: CD-ROM Proceedings of ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition (2004), (IMECE2004-59279)Google Scholar
- 6.IEC TC65/WG6: Function Blocks for Industrial Process Measurement and Control Systems (Part-1: Architecture). IEC-TC65/WG6 Committee Draft, (1999) Google Scholar
- 7.Wang, L., Cai, N., Feng, H.-Y.: Generic Machining Sequence Generation Using Enriched Machining Features. Transactions of NAMRI/SME 32, 55–62 (2004)Google Scholar