A Web Service for Exchanging Procedural CAD Models Between Heterogeneous CAD Systems
It is a challenging issue to exchange procedural CAD models between heterogeneous CAD systems. In this paper, we extend the synchronized collaborative design environment among heterogeneous CAD systems, which we developed previously, to a Web services based platform for exchange of procedural CAD models between heterogeneous CAD systems. First, the real-time exchange of one single operation is extended to the exchange of a complete procedural CAD model between heterogeneous CAD systems. Second, Web services technology is adopted to encapsulate the procedural CAD model exchange functions to a standard interface, which is then released on the Internet and can be easily used by remote developers in their windows applications, Web applications, and so on. Finally, a Web service for exchange of procedural CAD models between SolidWorks and Autodesk Mechanical Desktop is realized.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Li, M., Gao, S., Li, J., Yang, Y.: An approach to supporting synchronized collaborative design within heterogeneous CAD systems. In: Proceedings, ASME CIE/DETC (2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Li, M., Yang, Y., Li, J., Gao, S.: A preliminary study on synchronized collaborative design based on heterogeneous CAD systems. In: Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work in Design, Xiamen, China (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Choi, G.-H., Mun, D., Han, S.: Exchange of CAD part models based on the macroparametric approach. International Journal of CAD/CAM 2, 23–31 (2002)Google Scholar
- 5.Rappoport, A.: An Architecture for Universal CAD Data Exchange. In: Proceedings, Solid Modeling 2003, Seattle, Washington, ACM Press, New York (2003)Google Scholar
- 6.Pratt, M.J.: Extension of ISO 10303, the STEP Standard, for the Exchange of Procedural Shape Models. In: International Conference on Shape Modeling and Applications, Genova, Italy (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.ASPire3D, http://www.aspire3d.com
- 8.Proficiency, http://www.proficiency.com
- 9.Theorem, http://www.theorem.co.uk