Subject Centric IT in Local Government
This paper illustrates the Topic Maps approach taken in a project for a Dutch Document Management Specialist supporting local Government municipalities. The solution described in the paper is about Access Control Lists in a Topic Map and exploits the advantages of subject based approaches in combination with a Topic Map Ontology. This subject centric IT solution builds on an existing generic model and makes it possible to build Topic Maps portals that become more maintenance free.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pepper, S., Garshol, L.M.: The XML Papers; XML 2002 (December 2002), available at http://www.ontopia.net/topicmaps/materials/xmlconf.html
- 2.Wolf, P., Krcmar, H.: Topic Maps Technology for Municipal Management Information Systems. In: Proceedings of the 38th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences – 2005, Technische Universitat München (2005)Google Scholar
- 3.Standpunt Metadata van ‘Advies Overheid.nl’ onderdeel van ICTU. Guidelines from Advice Organ for Government, available at http://advies.overheid.nl/metadata-standpunt/
- 4.Biezunski, M., Newcomb, S.: A DRM Perspective: What Topic Maps Bring to the Table (2005), available at http://www.infoloom.com/workshops.htm
- 5.ICTU is founded by the Ministry of the Interiour and Kingdom Affairs to advice governmental organisations, Website, available at http://www.ictu.nl/profile.html
- 6.EGEM is a knowledge platform for municipalities, Website at http://www.egem.nl
- 7.VNG is an Association of Netherlands Municipalities committed to strengthen democratic local government, Website available at http://www.vng.nl
- 8.OSOSS is the Dutch program Open Standards and Open Source Software for Government affiliated with ICTU, Website available at: http://www.ososs.nl
- 9.Garshol, L.M.: TMRAP – Topic Maps Remote Access Protocol. In: Maicher, L., Park, J. (eds.) TMRA 2005. LNCS (LNAI), vol. 3873, Springer, Heidelberg (2006)Google Scholar