WIPI Mobile Platform with Secure Service for Mobile RFID Network Environment
Recently, RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology is practically applied to a number of logistics processes as well as asset management, and RFID is also expected to be permeated in our daily life with the name of ’Ubiquitous Computing’ or ‘Ubiquitous Network’ within the near future. The R&D groups in global now have paid attention to integrate RFID with mobile devices as well as to associate with the existing mobile telecommunication network. Such a converged technology and services would lead to make new markets and research challenges. However, the privacy violation on tagged products has become stumbling block. We propose light-weight security mechanism which is constructed by mobile RFID security mechanism based on WIPI (Wireless Internet Platform for Interoperability). WIPI-based light-weight mobile RFID security platform can be applicable to various mobile RFID services that required secure business applications in mobile environment.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Tsuji, T., Kouno, S., Noguchi, J., Iguchi, M., Misu, N., Kawamura, M.: Asset management solution based on RFID. NEC Journal of Advanced Technology 1(3), 188–193 (Summer 2004)Google Scholar
- 2.Sullivan, L.: Middleware enables RFID tests. Informationweek, no. 991 (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.Sarma, S.E., Weis, S.A., Engels, D.W.: RFID systems, security and privacy implications. Technical Report MIT-AUTOID-WH-014, AutoID Center, MIT (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Weis, S.A., Sarma, S.E., Rivest, R.L., Engels, D.W.: Security and Privacy Aspects of Low-Cost Radio Frequency Identification Systems. In: Hutter, D., Müller, G., Stephan, W., Ullmann, M. (eds.) Security in Pervasive Computing. LNCS, vol. 2802, pp. 201–212. Springer, Heidelberg (2004)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 7.Ohkubo, M., Suzuki, K., Kinoshita, S.: Cryptographic Approach to “Privacy-Friendly” Tags. In: RFID Privacy Workshop (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Hennig, J.E., Ladkin, P.B., Siker, B.S.: Privacy Enhancing Technology Concepts for RFID Technology Scrutinised, RVS-RR-04-02, October 28 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Juels, A., Rivest, R.L., Szydlo, M.: The Blocker Tag: Selective Blocking of RFIDTags for Consumer Privacy. In: 10th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security (2003)Google Scholar
- 10.Juels, A., Pappu, R.: Squealing RFID-Enabled Banknotes. In: Wright, R. (ed.) Financial Cryptography (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Oh, S.-W., Chae, J.-S.: Information Report on Mobile RFID in Korea. ISO/IEC JTC1 SC31 WG4, Report (2005)Google Scholar