GA SVM Wrapper Ensemble for Keystroke Dynamics Authentication
User authentication based on keystroke dynamics is concerned with accepting or rejecting someone based on the way the person types. A timing vector is composed of the keystroke duration times interleaved with the keystroke interval times. Which times or features to use in a classifier is a classic feature selection problem. Genetic algorithm based wrapper approach does not only solve the problem, but also provides a population of “fit” classifiers which can be used in ensemble. In this paper, we propose to add uniqueness term in the fitness function of genetic algorithm. Preliminary experiments show that the proposed approach performed better than two phase ensemble selection approach and prediction based diversity term approach.
KeywordsFeature Selection Fitness Function Feature Subset Base Classifier Post Processing Step
- 3.Yang, J., Honavar, V.: Feature Subset Selection using a Genetic Algorithm. In: Liu, H., Motoda, H. (eds.) Feature Selection for Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining, pp. 117–136. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Dietterich, T.G.: Ensemble methods in machine learning. First International Workshop on Multiple Classifier Systems, pp. 1–15 (2000)Google Scholar
- 6.Freund, Y., Schapire, R.E.: Experiments with a new boosting algorithm. In: Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Machine Learning, pp. 148–156. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Sullivan, J., Langford, J., Caruana, R., Blum, A.: Featureboost: A meta-learning algorithm that improves model robustness. In: Proceedings of the Seventeenth International Conference on Machine Learning (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Opitz, D.: Feature selection for ensembles, pp. 379–384. AAAI/IAAI (1999)Google Scholar