Fingerprint Authentication Based on Matching Scores with Other Data
A method of person authentication based on matching scores with the fingerprint data of others is proposed. Fingerprint data of others is prepared in advance as a set of representative data. Input fingerprint data is verified against the representative data, and the person belonging to the fingerprint is confirmed from the set of matching scores. The set of scores can be thought of as a feature vector, and is compared with the feature vector already enrolled. In this paper, the mechanism of the proposed method, the person authentication system using this method are described, and its advantage. Moreover, the simple criterion and selection method of the representative data are discussed. The basic performance when general techniques are used for the classifier is FNMR-3.6% at FMR-0.1%.
- 2.Soutar, C., Roberge, D., Stoianov, A., Gilroy, R., Kumar, V.: Biometric Encryption, http://www.bioscrypt.com/assets/Biometric_Encryption.pdf
- 4.Matsushita, M., Maeda, T., Sasakawa, K.: Personal verification using correlation of score sets calculated by standard biometrics data. Technical Paper of the Inst. of Electronics and Communication Engineers of Japan, PRMU 2000 78, 21–26 (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Adler, A.: Sample images can be independently restored from face recognition template. In: Can. Conf. Electrical Computer Eng., pp. 1163–1166 (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Freund, Y., Schapire, R.E.: Experiments with a new boosting algorithm. In: Proc. of Thirteenth International Conference on Machine Learning, pp. 138–156 (1996)Google Scholar
- 8.Gama, J., Brazdil, P.: Cascade Generalization, Machine Learning, vol. 41(3), pp. 315–343. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Button (2000)Google Scholar