GMA-PSMH: A Semantic Metadata Publish-Harvest Protocol for Dynamic Metadata Management Under Grid Environment
The imperative demand on the description of semantic metadata and the processing of real-time data presents unique challenge to Grid Metadata Service. Grid Monitoring Architecture (GMA), which is a framework for dynamic data management, is limited by its conventional interface of relational database and therefore fails to address the problem of interoperability. Faced with the problem of metadata publishing in GMA, we present a new publish-harvest protocol for semantic metadata called GMA-PSMH (Grid Monitoring Architecture-Protocol for Semantic Metadata Harvesting) by modifying the OAI-PMH metadata harvest framework. As part of the Semantic Metadata Service Project in Peking University, the associated dynamic metadata management framework is then implemented according to the above protocol. At the end, we make the conclusion and overview the future work.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Foster, I., Kesselman, C., Tuecke, S.: The Anatomy of the Grid: Enabling Scalable Virtual Organizations. International J. Supercomputer Applications 15(3) (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Deelman, E., et al.: Grid-Based Metadata Services. In: 16th International Conference on Scientific and Statistical Database Management (SSDBM 2004), Santorini Island, Greece, June 21-23 (2004)Google Scholar
- 4.Roure, D.D., Jennings, N.R., Shadbolt, N.R.: The Semantic Grid: A Future e-Science Infrastructure (2004)Google Scholar
- 5.W3C Semantic Web Activity Statement, http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Activity
- 6.Semantic Web, http://www.w3.org/2001/sw
- 7.R-GMA: Relational Grid Monitoring Architecture, http://www.r-gma.org
- 8.Ramon, R.: Matchmaking Frameworks For Distributed Resource Management (2001)Google Scholar
- 9.European DataGrid Project, http://www.edg.org
- 11.Wang, S., Wang, M., Zhang, M.: The Design and Implementation of a Metadata Interoperability Architecture based on OAI-PMH. Computer Engineering and Application 39(20) (2003)Google Scholar
- 15.Web Service Architecture: Technology Overview (4) (2004)Google Scholar