A Metadata Model for Event Notification on Interactive Broadcasting Service
In this paper, we design the metadata model for Event notification that can be utilized for various commercial purposes on interactive broadcasting environment, and implement the testbed system based on the metadata model. The metadata model is based on the ISO/IEC 21000-15 and we extended some descriptions which have been adopted as ISO/IEC 21000-15 Committe Draft. Event notification service based on this metadata model achieves a step towards the healthy commercial future of interactive service by enabling target marketing, the audience rating analysis, user preference analysis, and monitoring illegal copies.
KeywordsEvent Notification Digital Item Metadata Model Illegal Copy Digital Item Adaptation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.MDS Group: ISO/IEC 21000 Event Reporting Committee Draft. ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11/N6783, Palma de Majorca (October 2004) Google Scholar
- 2.Ji, K., Moon, N., Song, Y., Hong, J.: Proposed Definition on Delivery Time and Recipient of MPEG-21 Event Reporting. ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11/m10619, Munich (March 2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Ji, K., Moon, N., Kim, J.: A Design on Time structure of MPEG-21 Event Reporting for Digital Contents over Multimedia Framework. Journal of Korea Multimedia Society 8(5), 101–109 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Requirements Group: Requirements for Event Reporting. ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11/N6279. Waikoloa (December 2003) Google Scholar
- 5.Information Technology - Multimedia Framework (MPEG-21)—Part 6: Rights Data Dictionary, ISO/IEC 21000-6 (May 2004)Google Scholar
- 6.Nuttall, F., Song, Y., Ji, K., Tokmakoff, A., Rump, N.: Editor’s Comments on MPEG-21 Event Reporting Committee Draft. ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11/m11639, Hong Kong (January 2004)Google Scholar
- 7.Ji, K., Moon, N., Song, Y., Hong, J.: Additional MPEG-21 Event Reporting Requirements. ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11/m10322, Hawaii (December 2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Ji, K., Moon, N., Song, Y., Kim, J.: Implementation of MPEG-21 Event Reporting on Broadcasting and Communication Network. In: Proceeding of The Korean Society of Broadcast Engineers Summer Conference 2004, Korea, pp. 110–112 (2004)Google Scholar