Resource Allocation Based on Pricing for Grid Computing Environments
Grid computing has been widely accepted as a promising paradigm for large-scale distributed systems in recent years. Mechanism based on economic models is an effective approach to solve the problem of grid resources management. The essence of this problem is how to allocate resources for achieving the goal of a highly efficient utilization of resources in response to current resource prices. In this paper, we present a method of resource allocation based on the pricing, and discuss the process of resource allocation and resource pricing algorithms for allocating resources to grid users in order to maximize the benefit for both grid providers and grid users.
KeywordsResource Allocation Grid Resource Grid Environment Resource Provider Resource Allocation Algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Foster, I., Kesselman, C. (eds.): The Grid: Blueprint for a New Computing Infrastructure. Morgan Kaufmann, San Francisco (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Foster, I., Kesselman, C., Nick, J., Tuecke, S.: The Physiology of the Grid: An Open Grid Services Architecture for Distributed Systems IntegrationGoogle Scholar
- 4.Cao, H., Xiao, N., Lu, X., Liu, Y.: A Market-based Approach to Allocate Resources for Computational Grids. Computer Research and Development (Chinese) 39(8), 913–916 (2002)Google Scholar
- 6.Subramoniam, K., Maheswaran, M., Toulouse, M.: Towards a Micro-Economic Model for Resource Allocation in Grid Computing System. In: Proceedings of the 2002 IEEE Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, pp. 782–785 (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Buyya, R.: Economic-based Distributed Resource Management and Scheduling for Grid Computing. PhD Thesis, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia, April 12 (2002), Online at, http://www.buyya.com/thesis/
- 8.Buyya, R., Abramson, D., Giddy, J.: An Economy Driven Resource Management Architecture for Global Computational Power Grids. In: The 7th International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Processing Techniques and Applications (PDPTA 2000), Las Vegas, USA, June 26-29 (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Buyya, R., Abramson, D., Giddy, J.: A Case for Economy Grid Architecture for Service Oriented Grid Computing. In: Proceedings of International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium: Heterogeneous Computing Workshop (HCW 2001), San Francisco, USA (2001)Google Scholar