Real Time Tracking of Multiple Persons on Colour Image Sequences
We propose a real time algorithm to track moving persons without any a priori knowledge neither on the model of person, nor on their size or their number, which can evolve with time. It manages several problems such as occlusion and under or over-segmentations. The first step consisting in motion detection, leads to regions that have to be assigned to trajectories. This tracking step is achieved using a new concept: elementary tracks. They allow on the one hand to manage the tracking and on the other hand, to detect the output of occlusion by introducing coherent sets of regions. Those sets enable to define temporal kinematical model, shape model or colour model. Significant results have been obtained on several sequences with ground truth as shown in results.
KeywordsAppearance Model Real Time Tracking Strong Edge Human Body Part Real Time Algorithm
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Achard, C., Mostafaoui, G., Milgram, M.: Object tracking based on kinematics with spatio-temporal blob. To appear in MVA 2005 (2005)Google Scholar
- 2.Bar-Shalom, Y., Li, X.R.: Multitarget-Mulisensor tracking. Yaakov Bar-Shalom (1995)Google Scholar
- 3.Comaniciu, D., Ramesh, V., Meer, P.: Real-time tracking of non-rigid objects using mean shift. In: Proc. IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition using silhouettes, International Conference on Pattern Recognition, June 2000, pp. 77–82 (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Denoulet, J., Mostafaoui, G., Lacassagne, L., Merigot, A.: Robust Embedded Hardware implementation of Motion Markov Detection and hysteresis thresholding in colors sequences, pp. 142–151 (to appear)Google Scholar
- 5.Haritaoglu, I., Harwood, D., Davis, L.S.: Ghost: A human body part labelling system. In: CAMP 2005 (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Haritaoglu, I., Harwood, D., Davis, L.S.: W4S: a real time system for detecting and tracking people in 2,5D. In: European Conference Computer Vision, Maryland, pp. 877–892 (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Hue, C., Le, J.P.: cadre, P. Perez, Tracking multiple objects with particle filtering, RR INRIA no 4033 (2000)Google Scholar
- 9.Moon, H., Chellappa, R., Rosenfeld, A.: Tracking of Human Activities Using Shape-encoded Particle Propagation. In: ICIP 2001, vol. 1, pp. 357–360 (2001)Google Scholar
- 10.Mittal, A., Davis, L.S.: M2 Tracker: A Multi-View Approach to Segmenting and tracking people in a Cluttered Scene. IJCV(51) (3), 189–203 (2003)Google Scholar
- 11.Park, S., Aggarwal, J.K.: Segmentation and tracking of interacting human body parts under occlusion and shadowing. In: Motion 2002, pp. 105–111 (2002)Google Scholar
- 13.Senior, A.: Tracking People with Probabilistic Appearance Models. In: Pets 2002, pp. 48–55 (2002)Google Scholar
- 14.Wang, L., Ning, H., Tan, T., Hu, W.: Fusion of static and dynamic body biometrics for gait recognition. In: ICCV 2003 (2003)Google Scholar