Web Usage Mining Project for Improving Web-Based Learning Sites
Despite the great success of data mining being applied for personalization in web environments, it has not yet been massively applied in the e-learning domains. In this paper, we outline a web usage mining project which has been initiated in University of Cantabria. The aim of this project is to develop tools which let us improve its Web-based learning environment in two main aspects: the first that the teacher obtains information which allows him to evaluate the learning process and the second that the student feels supported in this task.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ansari, S., Kohavi, R., Mason, L., Zheng, Z.: Integrating E-Commerce and Data Mining: Architecture and Challenges. In: Workshop on Web Mining for E-Commerce-Challenges and Opportunities Working Notes (KDD 2000), Boston, MA (2000)Google Scholar
- 2.Cooley, R., Mobasher, B., Srivastava, J.: Data Preparation for Mining World Wide Web Browsing Patterns. Journal of Knowledge an Information Systems 1(1) (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Dai, H., Mobasher, B.: A road map to more effective web personalization: Integrating domain knowledge with web usage mining. In: Proc. of the International Conference on Internet Computing 2003, Las Vegas, Nevada (June 2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Jackson, R.: An Overview of Web-Based Learning (2004), http://www.knowledgeability.biz/weblearning/
- 7.Web Utilization Miner WUM 7.0 BetaGoogle Scholar
- 8.Zaïane, O.: Web Usage Mining for a Better Web-Based Learning Environment. In: Proc. of Conference on Advantage Technology for Education, Alberta, Canada (2001)Google Scholar