A Novel Approach to the Design of a Linearized Widely Tunable Very Low Power and Low Noise Differential Transconductor
In this paper, a novel economically linearized widely tunable very low power and low noise differential transconductor is proposed and compared with the conventional differential pair. The application of the resulted transconductor as a negative resistor is presented. The linearity, power, noise, speed, and tunability performances are simulated, discussed, and compared with the conventional differential pair’s.
KeywordsDifferential transconductors negative resistors analog circuits and filters low noise low power widely tunable circuits GHz range frequencies continuous-time filters Q-enhanced active filters Gm-C filters RF VCO
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Hamid Reza Sadr, M.N.: A Novel Linear, Low Noise, Low Power Differential Transconductor & A Novel Linearization Technique. In: 10th IEEE International Conference on Electronics, Circuits and Systems, ICECS 2003, December 2003, vol. II, pp. 412–415 (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Hamid Reza Sadr, M.N.: A Novel Approach to the Linearization Of the Differential Transconductors. In: IEEE International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, ISCAS 2004, vol. I, pp. 1020–1023 (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.Li, D.: Theory and design of Active LC filters on silicon, Ph.D. thesis, Columbia University (2000) Google Scholar
- 4.Kuhn, W.B.: Design of Integrated, Low power, Radio Receivers in BiCMOS Technologies, Ph.D. thesis, faculty of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (1996)Google Scholar
- 5.Cheung, D.: 10-MHz 60-dB Dynamic-Range 4th-order Butterworth low pass filter, M.Sc. thesis, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (1996) Google Scholar
- 6.Schaumann, R.: Continuous-time Integrated Filters - A Tutorial. In: Tsividis, Y.P., Voorman, J.O. (eds.) Integrated Continuous- Time Filters, pp. 3–14. IEEE Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 7.Wu, P., Schaumann, R., Latham, P.: Design considerations for common-mode feedback circuits in fully-differential operational transconductance amplifiers with tuning. In: IEEE International Symposium on circuits and Systems, June 1991, vol. 5, p. Xlviii+3177 (1991)Google Scholar
- 10.Tsividis, Y.P.: Integrated Continuous-time Filter Design. In: IEEE 1993 custom integrated circuits conferenceGoogle Scholar