The Fuzzy and Dynamic Nature of Trust
Trust is one of the most fuzzy, dynamic and complex concepts in both social and business relationships. The difficulty in measuring Trust and predicting Trustworthiness in service-oriented network environments leads to many questions. These include issues such as how to measure the willingness and capability of individuals in the Trust dynamic and how to assign a concrete level of Trust to an individual or Agent. In this paper, we analyze the fuzzy, dynamic and complex nature of Trust.
The dynamic nature of Trust creates the biggest challenge in measuring Trust and predicting Trustworthiness. In order to develop a Trustworthiness Measure and Prediction Method, we first need to understand what we can actually measure in a Trust Relationship.
KeywordsDynamic Nature Trust Model Internal Factor Exogenous Factor Trust Relationship
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Burton, K.A.: Design of the open privacy distributed reputation system (2002), http://www.peerfear.org/papers/openprivacy-reputation.pdf (Available 10/11/2003)
- 2.Chang, E., Dillon, T.S., Hussain, F.: Trust and reputation for Service-oriented Environments-Technologies for Building Business Intelligence and Consumer Confidence. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester (2005) ISBN: 0-470- 01547-0Google Scholar
- 3.Chang, E., Talevski, A., Dillon, T.: Web service integration in the extended logistics enterprise. In: Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Industrial Informatics, INDIN, Banff, Canada (2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Egger, N.F.: Trust me, I’m an online vendor, Towards a Model of Trust for E-Commerce System Design (2000a), Available http://www.zurich.ibm.com/~mrs/chi2000/contributions/egger.html (10/09/2003)
- 5.Egger, N.F.: Towards a model of trust for e-commerce system design (2000b), Available http://www.zurich.ibm.com/~mrs/chi2000/contributions/egger.html (29/05/2003)
- 6.Egger, N.F.: Deceptive technologies: Cash, ethics and HCI (2003), Available http://www.ecommuse.com/research/publications/sigchi_bulletin.htm (23/05/2003)
- 7.Hussain, F., Chang, E., Dillon, T.S.: Classification of trust relationships in peer-to-peer (P2P) communications. In: Proceedings of the Second International Workshop on Security in Information Systems WOSIS (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Kim, J., Moon, J.Y.: Emotional usability of customer interfaces (1997), Available http://hci.yonsei.ac.kr/non/e02/97-CHIEmotional_Usability_of_Customer_Interface.pdf (23/08/2003)
- 11.Mallach, E.G.: Decision data warehouse systems, Irwin McGraw Hill Companies (2000)Google Scholar
- 12.Myers, S.: Working out your Myers Briggs Type (2003), Available: http://www.teamtechnology.co.uk/tt/t-articl/mb-simpl.htm (27/12/2003)
- 13.Rahman, A.A., Hailes, S.: Relying on trust to find reliable information (2003a), Available: http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/F.AbdulRahman/docs/dwacos99.pdf (7/08/2003)
- 14.Rahman, A.A., Hailes, S.: A distributed trust model (2003b), Available http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/cache/papers/cs.../abdul-rahman97distributed.pdf (5/09/2003)
- 15.Rahman, A.A., Hailes, S.: Supporting trust in virtual communities (2003c), Available http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/cache/papers/cs.../abdul-rahman00supporting.pdf
- 16.SETI@HOME, Available http://pwp.netcabo.pt/knology/SETI_ENG.htm (28/09/2003)
- 17.Shelat, B., Egger, F.N.: What makes people trust online gambling sites? (2002), Available http://www.ecommuse.com/research/publications/chi2002.pdf (10/08/2003)
- 18.Smith, J.H.: The architectures of trust, University of Copenhagen (2002)Google Scholar
- 19.Wang, Y., Vassileva, J.: Trust and reputation model in peer-to-peer (2003) Available www.cs.usask.ca/grads/yaw181/publications/120_wang_y.pdf (15/10/2003)