Energy Aware Routing Based on Adaptive Clustering Mechanism for Wireless Sensor Networks
The main goal of research concerning energy aware routing algorithm for wireless sensor network is to increase the lifetime and long-term connectivity of the wireless sensor networks. However, most of energy aware routing algorithms do not take into account the clustering mechanism efficiently. In this paper, we present an efficient energy aware routing algorithm for the wireless sensor networks. In our algorithm, the data aggregation technique and adaptive clustering mechanism are considered for reducing and compacting the cumulative size of packets on the wireless sensor networks. Simulation results show that the energy usage of EAR-ACM is significantly reduced compared with the previous clustering based routing algorithm for the sensor networks.
KeywordsSensor Network Sensor Node Wireless Sensor Network Cluster Head Data Packet
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Shah, R., Rabaey, J.: Energy aware routing for low energy ad hoc sensor networks. In: Proc. IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference(WCNC) (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Heinzelman, W.R., Chandrakasan, A., Balakrishnan, H.: Energy-efficient communication protocol for wireless microsensor networks. In: Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, HICSS (2000)Google Scholar
- 5.Li, Q., Aslam, J., Rus, D.: Hierarchical power-aware routing in sensor networks. In: DIMACS Workshop on Pervasive Networking (2001)Google Scholar
- 6.Singh, S., Woo, M., Raghavendra, C.S.: Power-aware routing in mobile ad hoc networks. Mobile Computing and Networking, 181–190 (1998)Google Scholar
- 7.Schurgers, C., Srivastava, M.B.: Energy efficient routing in wireless sensor networks. In: IEEE Military Communications Conference (MILCOM 2001), pp. 357–361 (2001)Google Scholar
- 8.Chang, J., Tassiulas, L.: Energy conserving routing in wireless ad-hoc networks. IEEE Infocom., 22–31 (2000)Google Scholar
- 11.Heinzelman, W.: Application-specific protocol architectures for wireless networks. Ph.D. thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (2000)Google Scholar
- 13.Bandyopadhyay, S., Coyle, E.J.: An energy-efficient hierarchical clustering algorithm for wireless sensor networks. In: IEEE INFOCOM, vol. 3, pp. 1713–1723 (2003)Google Scholar
- 14.Intanagonwiwat, C., Govindan, R., Estrin, D.: Directed diffusion: a scalable and robust communication paradigm for sensor networks. Mobile Computing and Networking, 56–67 (2000)Google Scholar