Up-to Techniques for Weak Bisimulation
Up-to techniques have been introduced to enhance the bisimulation proof method for establishing bisimilarity results. While up-to techniques for strong bisimilarity are well understood, in the weak case they come as a collection of unrelated results, and lack a unified presentation. We propose a uniform and modular theory of up-to techniques for weak bisimulation that captures existing proof technology and introduces new techniques. Some proofs rely on non trivial – and new – commutation results based on termination guarantees.
KeywordsMonotonic Function Visible Action Label Transition System Proof Technique Control Relation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Fournet, C.: The Join-Calculus: a Calculus for Distributed Mobile Programming. PhD thesis, Ecole Polytechnique (1998)Google Scholar
- 4.Hirschkoff, D., Pous, D., Sangiorgi, D.: An Efficient Abstract Machine for Safe Ambients. Technical Report 2004–63, LIP – ENS Lyon, 2004. An extended abstract appeared in the proceedings of COORDINATION 2005 (2005)Google Scholar
- 5.Pous, D.: Up-to Techniques for Weak Bisimulation. Technical Report 2005–16, LIP – ENS Lyon (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Pous, D.: Web appendix of this paper (2005), Available at http://perso.ens-lyon.fr/damien.pous/upto
- 7.INRIA projet Logical. The Coq proof assistant, http://coq.inria.fr/
- 10.TeReSe. Term Rewriting Systems, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2003)Google Scholar