A Dynamic Migration Model for Self-adaptive Genetic Algorithms
In this paper, we propose a self Adaptive Migration Model for Genetic Algorithms, where parameters of population size, the number of points of crossover and mutation rate for each population are fixed adaptively. Further, the migration of individuals between populations is decided dynamically. This paper gives a mathematical schema analysis of the method stating and showing that the algorithm exploits previously discovered knowledge for a more focused and concentrated search of heuristically high yielding regions while simultaneously performing a highly explorative search on the other regions of the search space. The effective performance of the algorithm is then shown using standard testbed functions, when compared with Island model GA(IGA) and Simple GA(SGA).
KeywordsGenetic Algorithm Search Space Mutation Rate Crossover Point Good Individual
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Back, T.: Self Adaptation in Genetic Algorithms. In: Varela, F.J., P.B. (ed.) Proceedings of First European Conference on Artificial Life, pp. 263–271 (1992)Google Scholar
- 2.Hinterding, R., Michalewicz, Z., Peachey, T.C.: Self Adaptive Genetic Algorithm for Neumeric Functions. In: Proceedings of the 4th Conference on Parallel Problem Solving from Nature, pp. 420–429 (1996)Google Scholar
- 3.Kee, E., Aiery, S., Cye, W.: An Adaptive Genetic Algorithm. In: Proceedings of The Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference, pp. 391–397 (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.De Jong, K.A.: An Analysis of the Behaviour of A Class of Genetic Adaptive Systems PhD Thesis, Department of Computer and Communication Sciences, University of Michigan, Ann ArborGoogle Scholar
- 5.Spear, W.M., De Jong, K.: An Analysis of Multipoint Crossover, Foundations of Genetic AlgorithmsGoogle Scholar
- 6.Srinivasa, K.G., Venugopal, K.R., Patnaik, L.M.: Self Adaptive Migration Model Genetic Algorithms for Data Mining Applications, Technical Report, University Visvesvaraya College of Engineering, Bangalore University (August 2004)Google Scholar