GRAPE: An Expert Review Assignment Component for Scientific Conference Management Systems
This paper describes GRAPE, an expert component for a scientific Conference Management System (CMS), to automatically assign reviewers to papers, one of the most difficult processes of conference management. In the current practice, this is typically done by a manual and time-consuming procedure, with a risk of bad quality results due to the many aspects and parameters to be taken into account, and on their interrelationships and (often contrasting) requirements. The proposed rule-based system was evaluated on real conference datasets obtaining good results when compared to the handmade ones, both in terms of quality of the assignments, and of reduction in execution time.
KeywordsReview Form Coverage Degree Layout Analysis Conference Topic Conference Management
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.The confman software, http://www.zakongroup.com/technology/openconf.shtml
- 2.The cyberchair software, http://www.cyberchair.org
- 3.The microsoft conference management toolkit, http://msrcmt.research.microsoft.com/cmt/
- 4.The openconf conference management system, http://www.zakongroup.com/technology/openconf.shtml
- 6.Stephen, W.L.: The byu paper review system, http://blondie.cs.byu.edu/PaperReview/
- 7.Nierstrasz, O.: Identify the champion. In: Harrison, N., Foote, B., Rohnert, H. (eds.) Pattern Languages of Programm Design, vol. 4, pp. 539–556 (2000)Google Scholar
- 8.Rigaux, P.: An iterative rating method: Application to web-based conference management. In: ACM Intl. Conf. on Applied Computing, ACM-SAC 2004 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.van de Stadt, R.: Cyberchair: A web-based groupware application to facilitate the paper reviewing process (2001), Available at http://www.cyberchair.org