Dynamic Tasks Verification with Quasar
The inclusion of dynamic tasks modelisation in QUASAR, a tool for automatic analysis of concurrent programs, extends its applicative usefulness. However this extension leads to large size models whose processing has to face combinatory explosion of modeling states. This paper presents briefly Ada dynamic tasks semantic and dependences and then it explains the choice of an efficient generic modeling pattern. This implies to consider the naming, the hierarchy, the master retrieval, the termination of dynamic tasks and their synchronization dependences successively. The adequacy of both this modeling and the QUASAR techniques is highlighted by the analysis of two non-trivial Ada programs. The large reduction factor between the initial and final state numbers of these program models shows that the state explosion can be limited, making automatic validation of dynamic concurrent programs feasible.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BW99]Burns, A., Wellings, A.J.: How to verify concurrent Ada programs: the application of model checking. ACM SIGADA Ada Letters 19(2) (1999)Google Scholar
- [BWB+00]Burns, A., Wellings, A.J., Burns, F., Koelmans, A.M., Koutny, M., Romanovsky, A., Yakovlev, A.: Towards modelling and verification of concurrent ada programs using petri nets. In: Pezzé, M., Shatz, M. (eds.) DAIMI PB: Workshop Proceedings Software Engineering and Petri Nets, pp. 115–134 (2000)Google Scholar
- [CDH+00]Corbett, J.C., Dwyer, M.B., Hatcliff, J., Laubach, S., Pasareanu, C.S., Robby, Zheng, H.: Bandera: extracting finite-state models from java source code. In: International Conference on Software Engineering, pp. 439–448 (2000)Google Scholar
- [Eva05]Evangelista, S.: High level Petri nets analysis with Helena. In: 26th International Conference On Application and Theory of Petri Nets and Other Models of Concurrency, ICAPTN (2005)Google Scholar
- [Paj05]Pajault, C.: Extending Quasar with dynamic tasks computation. Technical Report 695, CNAM, CEDRIC, Paris (2005)Google Scholar
- [Rou05]Rousseau, P.: Concurrent ada program slicing for source code understanding and formal analysis. Technical Report 708, CNAM, CEDRIC (2005)Google Scholar
- [TD97]Tucker Taft, S., Duff, R.A. (eds.): Ada 95 Reference Manual. LNCS, vol. 1246. Springer, Heidelberg (1997)Google Scholar