An Agile and Extensible Code Generation Framework
Code generation automatically produces executable code by software. Model-driven code generation is currently the most flexible and scalable generative technique, but there are many complaints about the complexity it introduces into the development process, and the design decisions imposed on the code. Here, an agile code-oriented model-driven generative methodology is outlined that reduces complexity and allows the engineer to define the exact form of the produced code and embrace change in the requirements in an automated manner. A flexible tool, ECGF, supports this methodology, and a case study in rapid generation of large-scale HTML documents is outlined.
KeywordsCode Generation Executable Code Agile Method Agile Development Document Object Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Mangano, S.: XSLT Cook Book. O. Reilly, New York (2003)Google Scholar
- 2.Herrington, J.: Code generation in Action. Manning (2004)Google Scholar
- 3.OMG. Model driven architecture official web-site, http://www.omg.org/mda/
- 4.XDoclet development team. http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net
- 5.Velocity development team. http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity
- 6.Code generation is a design smell. http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?CodeGenerationIsaDesignSmell
- 8.Beck, K.: Extreme Programming Explained. AWL (1999)Google Scholar
- 9.OMG. UML 1.4 Metamodel, http://www.omg.org/uml
- 10.OMG. CWM Metamodel, http://www.omg.org/cwm
- 11.Modelware Integrated Project. http://www.modelware-ist.org