Security Systems Design and Analysis Using an Integrated Rule-Based Systems Approach
The paper discusses the applications of rule-based systems (RBS) theory in the field of web security systems. It discusses rule-based foundations of these systems and presents an original solution for the RBS design and analysis. Furthermore, the present and possible future applications of this approach to security systems are discussed. Proper design and analysis methods of the security systems can significantly improve their important features such as reliability and correctness.
KeywordsAccess Control Security System Knowledge Representation Intrusion Detection System Visual Design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Hopgood, A.A.: Intelligent Systems for Engineers and Scientists, 2nd edn. CRC Press, Boca Raton (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Ligęza, A.: Logical Foundations for Rule-Based Systems. Uczelniane Wydawnictwa Naukowo-Dydaktyczne AGH w Krakowie, Kraków (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Nalepa, G.J.: Meta-Level Approach to Integrated Process of Design and Implementation of Rule-Based Systems. PhD thesis, AGH University of Science and Technology, AGH Institute of Automatics, Cracow, Poland (2004)Google Scholar
- 7.van Harmelen, F.: Applying rule-based anomalies to kads inference structures. ECAI 1996 Workshop on Validation, Verification and Refinement of Knowledge-Based Systems, 41–46 (1996)Google Scholar
- 8.Ligeza, A.: Logical support for design of rule-based systems. reliability and quality issues. In: Meier, E., Luperfoy, S., Mast, M. (eds.) ECAI-WS 1996. LNCS, vol. 1236, pp. 28–34. Springer, Heidelberg (1997)Google Scholar
- 9.Garfinkel, S., Spafford, G., Schwartz, A.: Practical Unix and Internet Security, 3rd edn. O’Reilly and Associates, Sebastopol (2003)Google Scholar