Biometric Identification by Means of Hand Geometry and a Neural Net Classifier
This Paper describes a hand geometry biometric identification system. We have acquired a database of 22 people using a conventional document scanner. The experimental section consists of a study about the discrimination capability of different extracted features, and the identification rate using different classifiers based on neural networks.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jain, A.K., Bolle, R., Pankanti, S.: “Introduction to biometrics” in Biometrics Personal identification in networked society. Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht (1999)Google Scholar
- 3.Faundez-Zanuy, M., Fabregas, J.: Testing report of a fingerprint-based door-opening system. IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine (2005) (in press)Google Scholar
- 7.Faundez-Zanuy, M.: Biometric recognition: why not massively adopted yet? IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine (2005) (in press)Google Scholar
- 9.Haykin, S.: Neural nets. A comprehensive foundation, 2nd edn. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs (1999)Google Scholar
- 11.Faúndez-Zanuy, M.: Technological evaluation of two AFIS systems. IEEE Aerospace and Electronic Systems Magazine (2005) (in press)Google Scholar