Xilinx System Generator Based HW Components for Rapid Prototyping of Computer Vision SW/HW Systems
This paper shows how the Xilinx System Generator can be used to develop hardware-based computer vision algorithms from a system level approach without the necessity of in-depth knowing neither a hardware description language nor the particulars of the hardware platform. Also, it is demonstrated that Simulink can be employed as a co-design and co-simulation platform for rapid prototyping of Computer Vision HW/SW systems. To do this, a library of optimized image processing components based on XSG and Matlab has been developed and tested in hybrid schemes including HW and SW modules. As a part of the testing, results of the prototyping and co-simulation of a HW/SW Computer Vision System for the automated inspection of tangerine segments are presented.
Keywordsimage processing applications FPGAs prototyping co-simulation Simulink
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Arnout, G.: C for System Level Design. In: Proceedings of Design, Automation and Test in Europe Conference and Exhibition (March 1999)Google Scholar
- 2.Panda, P.R.: SystemC - a modeling platform supporting multiple design abstractions. In: Proceedings of the 14th ISSS, pp. 75–80 (2001)Google Scholar
- 4.SystemC, Available: http://www.systemc.org
- 5.System Generator: Reference guide, http://www.xilinx.com/
- 6.DSP builder, Available: http://www.altera.com/
- 7.The Math Works Inc., http://www.mathworks.com
- 11.Wang, K., Chia, T., Chen, Z., Lou, D.: Parallel Execution of a Connected Component Labeling Operation on a Linear Array Architecture. Journal of Information Science and Engineering 19, 353–370 (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.ModelSim, Available: http://www.model.com
- 13.Nallatech, http://www.nallatech.com