Cost Model and Adaptive Scheme for Publish/Subscribe Systems on Mobile Grid Environments
Publish/subscribe model is appropriate in many push based data dissemination applications. This paper presents cost model for publish/subscribe systems, analyze its performance, and compare to other interaction-based models such as the client-server model and the polling model. Based on the cost analysis, we have proposed an adaptive model which can dynamically select an appropriate model for each client independently.
- 2.Rowstron, A., Kermarrec, A., Castro, M., Druschel, P.: SCRIBE: The design of a large-scale event notification infrastructure. Networked Group Communication (2001)Google Scholar
- 3.Uyar, A., Pallickara, S., Fox, G.: Audio Video Conferencing in Distributed Brokering Systems. In: Proc. of the International Conf. on Communications in Computing (June 2003)Google Scholar
- 4.Pallickara, S., Fox, G.C.: NaradaBrokering: A Middleware Framework and Architecture for Enabling Durable Peer-to-Peer Grids. In: Proc. of ACM/IFIP/USENIX International Middleware Conference Middleware, pp. 41–61 (2003)Google Scholar
- 5.Oh, S., Lee Pallickara, S., Ko, S., Kim, J., Fox, G.: Cost Model and Adaptive Scheme for Publish/ Subscribe Systems on Mobile Environments, Community Grids Lab Technical Report (December 2004), http://grids.ucs.indiana.edu/ptliupages/publications/
- 6.Oh, S., Fox, G.C., Ko, S.: GMSME: An Architecture for Heterogeneous Collaboration with Mobile Devices. In: Proc. of the Fifth IEEE/IFIP MWCN 2003, Singapore (October 2003)Google Scholar