A Modeling Framework of Business Transactions for Enterprise Integration
A modeling framework and an integration platform for unifying B2Bi (Business to Business integration) and EAI (Enterprise Application Integration) systems are required to effectively manage collaborative B2B business processes. In this research, we suggest a modeling framework for enterprise integration. The suggested framework includes various activity controllers derived from several business process modeling standards. An extension mechanism is included in the suggested framework for incorporating future changes in those standards or system’s operational requirements. The modeling framework has been implemented as a real business integration platform and runs successfully in production systems to execute enterprise B2B collaborations.
KeywordsBusiness Process Business Transaction State Matrix Activity Controller Exception Handling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Arkin, A., et al.: Web Services Choreography Interface 1.0 (August 8, 2002), http://www.w3.org/TR/wsci/
- 2.Assaf Arkin, Business Process Modeling Language (November 13, 2002), http://www.bpmi.org
- 3.Cabrera, F., et al.: Web Services Transaction (August 9, 2002), http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ws-transpec/
- 5.W3C Note: WSDL 1.1: Web Services Description Language (WSDL) 1.1. World Wide Web Consortium (2001), http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl.html
- 6.Lay, R.: J2EE Platform Web Services. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (2003)Google Scholar
- 7.Andrews, T., et al.: BPEL for Web Services 1.1 (May 5, 2003), http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/ws-bpel
- 8.RosettaNet Implementation Framework: Core Spec. V02.00 (July 13, 2001), http://www.rosettanet.org