Efficient Single-Pattern Fault Simulation on Structurally Synthesized BDDs
Current paper proposes an efficient alternative for traditional gate-level fault simulation. The authors explain how Structurally Synthesized Binary Decision Diagrams (SSBDD) can be used for representation, simulation and fault modeling of digital circuits. It is shown how the first phase of any fault simulation algorithm: the fault-free simulation can be accelerated using this model. Moreover, it is pointed out that simultaneous to simulation on SSBDDs, the set of potential fault locations can be significantly reduced. In addition, algorithms for deductive and concurrent fault simulation on SSBDD models are introduced in the paper. While full implementation of the new SSBDD based algorithms needs to be carried out, the paper presents experimental data revealing the advantages of the proposed data structure in the fault simulation process.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Ulrich, E.G., Baker, T.: Concurrent Simulation of Nearly Identical Digital Networks. Computer 7, 39–44 (1974)Google Scholar
- 3.Seth, S.C., Pan, L., Agrawal, V.D.: Predict-Probabilistic Estimation of Digital Circuit Testability, Dig. Papers FTCS-15, pp. 220-225 (June 1985)Google Scholar
- 4.Antreich, K.J., Schulz, M.H.: Accelerated Fault Simulation and Fault Grading in Combinational Circuits. IEEE Trans. on CAD CAD-6(5), 704–712 (1987)Google Scholar
- 5.Ubar, R.: Test Generation for Digital Circuits Using Alternative Graphs. In: Proc. Tallinn Technical University, Tallinn TU, Tallinn, Estonia, vol. (409), pp. 75–81 (1976)Google Scholar
- 6.Ubar, R.: Test Synthesis with Alternative Graphs. IEEE Design & Test of Comp. Spring, 48–59 (1996)Google Scholar
- 7.Jutman, A., Peder, A., Raik, J., Tombak, M., Ubar, R.: Structurally synthesized binary decision diagrams. In: 6th International Workshop on Boolean Problems, Freiberg, Germany, September 23-24, pp. 271–278 (2004)Google Scholar
- 9.Ubar, R., Vassiljeva, T., Raik, J., Jutman, A., Tombak, M., Peder, A.: Optimization of Structurally Synthesized BDDs. In: Proc of the 4th IASTED International Conference on Modelling, Simuation, and Optimization MSO 2004, Kauai, Hawaii, USA, August 17-19, pp. 234–240 (2004)Google Scholar