Towards Verifying Distributed Systems Using Object-Oriented Petri Nets
The article discusses the notion of state spaces of object-oriented Petri nets (OOPNs) associated to the tool called PNtalk and the role of identifiers of dynamically appearing and disappearing instances within these state spaces. Methods of working with identifiers based on sophisticated naming rules and mechanisms for abstracting names are described and compared. Some optimizations of state space generating algorithms for the context of OOPNs are mentioned, as well. Finally, some possibilities of specifying properties of systems to be checked over the state spaces of their OOPN-based models are discussed.
KeywordsState Space Semantic Transition Generate State Space Partial Order Reduction Reduce State Space
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Jan98]Janoušek, V.: Modelling Objects by Petri Nets. PhD thesis, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Technical University of Brno, Czech Re- public (1998) (in Czech)Google Scholar
- [Jen94]Jensen, K.: Coloured Petri Nets: Basic Concepts, Analysis Methods and Practical use. Analysis Methods. EATCS Monographs on Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 2. Springer, Hidleberg (1994)Google Scholar
- [Pel96]Peled, D.: Combining Partial Order Reductions with On-the-fly Model-Checking. Journal of Formal Mehtods in Systems Design 8(1), 39–64 (1996); Also appeared In: Dill, D.L. (ed.): CAV 1994. LNCS, vol. 818, pp. 377–390. Springer, Heidelberg (1994)Google Scholar
- [SB94]Sibertin-Blanc, C.: Cooperative Nets. In: Valette, R. (ed.) ICATPN 1994. LNCS, vol. 815, pp. 471–490. Springer, Heidelberg (1994)Google Scholar
- [Val98]Valmari, A.: The State Explosion Problem. In: Reisig, W., Rozenberg, G. (eds.) APN 1998. LNCS, vol. 1491, pp. 429–528. Springer, Heidelberg (1998)Google Scholar
- [Voj00]Vojnar, T.: State Spaces of Object-Oriented Petri Nets. PhD thesis, Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic (2000) (to be Published in)Google Scholar