CASCADE OF OPERATORS FOR FACIAL IMAGE RECOGNITION AND INDEXING
A cascade of linear and nonlinear operators is designed for facial image indexing and recognition. We show that such an approach results in efficient and lowdimensional feature space for face representation with enhanced discriminatory power. Experimental evaluation of the proposed FR algorithm was conducted on MPEG test set with over 8000 images of about 1000 individuals.
KeywordsFace Recognition Linear Discriminant Analysis Facial Image Query Image Equal Error Rate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Belhumeur P.N., Hespanha J.P., Kriegman D.J., Eigenfaces vs. Fisherfaces: Recognition Using Class Specific Linear Projection, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 19(7):711–720, July 1997.Google Scholar
- 2.Bober M., Description of MPEG-7 Visual Core Experiments, ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11, report N4925, July 2002, Klagenfurt.Google Scholar
- 3.Devijver P.A., Kittler J., Pattern Recognition: A Statistical Approach, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, N.J., 1982.Google Scholar
- 4.Fisher R.A., The use of multiple measurements in taxonomic problems, Annals of Eugenics, 7:179–188, 1936.Google Scholar
- 5.Skarbek W., Kucharski K., Bober M., Face Recognition by Fisher and Scatter Linear Discriminant Analysis, Computer Analysis of Images and Patterns, CAIP'03, 638–645, 2003.Google Scholar
- 7.Swets D.L., Weng J., Using Discriminant Eigenfeatures for Image Retrieval, IEEE Trans, on PAMI, 18(8): 831–837, August 1996.Google Scholar
- 8.Zhao W., Krishnaswamy A., Chellappa R., Swets D.L., Weng J., Discriminant Analysis of Principal Components for Face Recognition, In 3rd International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition, 336–341, 1998.Google Scholar
- 9.Yu H., Yang H., A direct LDA algorithm for high-dimensional data - with application to face recognition, Pattern Recognition 34(10):2067–2070, 2001.Google Scholar