COLOUR REPRODUCTION ACCURACY OF VISION SYSTEMS
In the paper we address the problem of evaluation of colour reproduction accuracy in vision systems. The method of such evaluation with use of the newest CIE colour difference formulas (CIE94, CIEDE200) has been proposed. The advantages of the sRGB colour space in colour reproduction on the background of device-dependent RGB colour space are presented. The impact of method of image compression (file format) is also discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.IEC Publ. 61966-2-1, Multimedia systems and equipment-Color measurement and management - Part 2-1: Default RGB colour space-sRGB, 1999.Google Scholar
- 2.H. Palus and D. Bereska, High-quality colour imaging on the internet, In dL. Kieftyka, Multimedia in business, Kantor Wydawniczy Zakamycze, Kraków, 353–364, 2003, in Polish.Google Scholar
- 3.J.Y. Hardeberg, Desktop scanning to sRGB, In Color Imaging: Device Independent Color, Color Hardcopy, and Graphic Arts V, San José, California, SPIE Proceedings vol. 3963, 47–57, 2000.Google Scholar
- 4.S. Suesstrunk, R. Buckley and S. Swen, Standard RGB color spaces. Proceedings of 7th Color Imaging Conference: Color Science, Systems and Applications, 127–134, 1999.Google Scholar
- 5.CIE Supplement No.2 to CIE Publication No.15, Recommendations on uniform colour spaces, colour-difference equations, psychometric colour terms, Bureau Central de la CIE, Paris, 1978.Google Scholar
- 6.CIE Publication 116-1995, Industrial colour-difference evaluation, CIE Central Bureau, Vienna 1995.Google Scholar
- 7.CIE Publication 141-2001, Improvement to industrial colour difference evaluation, CIE Central Bureau, Vienna 2001.Google Scholar
- 8.G. Sharma, W. Wu and E. N. Dalal, The CIEDE2000 color-difference formula: implementation notes, supplementary test data, and mathematical observations, Color Research and Application, in press (2004).Google Scholar
- 9.C.S. McCamy, H. Marcus and J.G. Davidson, A color rendition chart, Journal of Applied Photographic Engineering, 2(3), 95–99 (1976).Google Scholar
- 10.http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/minoltadimage7.Google Scholar
- 11.Z.-N. Li and M. Drew, Fundamentals of Multimedia, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ 2004Google Scholar
- 12.http://www.brucelindbloom.com.Google Scholar