The Square Kilometre Array Molonglo Prototype (SKAMP) Correlator
An FX correlator implementation for the SKAMP project is presented. The completed system will provide capabilities that match those proposed for the aperture plane array concept for the SKA. Through novel architecture, expansion is possible to accommodate larger arrays such as the 600-station cylindrical reflector proposals. In contrast to many current prototypes, it will use digital transmission from the antenna, requiring digital filterbanks and beamformers to be located at the antenna. This will demonstrate the technologies needed for all long baseline antennas in the SKA.
Keywordscorrelator FX SKA SKAMP
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Adams, T. J. and Bunton, J. D.: 2003, ‘The SKA Molonglo Prototype Correlator,’ SKA 2003, Geraldton, W.A., Australia.Google Scholar
- Bunton, J. D.: 2004, ‘SKA Correlator Advances’, Exp. Astron. this issue.Google Scholar
- Bunton, J. D.: 2001, ‘A Cross Multiply Accumulate Unit’, ALMA Memo No. 92.Google Scholar
- Chikada, Y.: 1984, ‘Digital FFT Spectro-Correlator for Radio Astronomy’, in J. A. Roberts (ed.), Indirect Imaging, Cambridge University Press, pp. 387–404.Google Scholar
- Ferris, R. H., Bunton, J. D. and Stuber, B.: 2001, ‘The SKA: Defining the Future, Berkeley California’, http://www.skatelescope.org/skaberkeley.Google Scholar
- Hall, P. J.: 2003, The International Engineering and Management Team (IEMT) ‘Report to the International SKA Steering Committee’, http://www.skatelescope.org/documents/Google Scholar
- Urry, W. L.: 2000, ‘A Corner Turner Architecture’, ATA Memo.Google Scholar
- Wertheimer, D. and Parsons, A.: 2004, ‘A Multipurpose Spectrometer for SETI and Radio Astronomy’, http://seti.berkeley.eduGoogle Scholar