A variant of morphological attribute filters is developed, in which the attribute on which filtering is based, is no longer a scalar, as is usual, but a vector. This leads to new granulometries and associated pattern spectra. When the vector-attribute used is a shape descriptor, the resulting granulometries filter an image based on a shape or shape family instead of one or more scalar values.
KeywordsMathematical morphology connected filters multi-scale analysis granulometries pattern spectra vector-attributes shape filtering
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- S. Batman and E. R. Dougherty. Size distributions for multivariate morphological granulometries: texture classification and statistical properties. Optical Engineering, 36(5): 1518–1529, May 1997.Google Scholar
- B. Burgeth, M. Welk, C. Feddern, and J. Weickert. Morphological operations on matrixvalued images. In T. Pajdla and J. Matas, editors, Computer Vision — ECCV 2004, pages 155–167, Berlin, 2004. Springer.Google Scholar
- J. Flusser and T. Suk. Construction of complete and independent systems of rotation moment invariants. In N. Petkov and M.A. Westenberg, editors, CAIP 2003: Computer Analysis of Images and Patterns, pages 41–48, Berlin Heidelberg, 2003. Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- A. Hanbury and J. Serra. Mathematical morphology in the HLS colour space. In 12th British Mach. Vis. Conf., pages 451–460, Manchester, UK, September 2001.Google Scholar
- M. K. Hu. Visual pattern recognition by moment invariants. IRE Transactions on Infomation Theory, IT-8:179–187, 1962.Google Scholar
- R.A. Peters II. Mathematical morphology for angle-valued images. In Nonlinear Image Processing VIII, volume 3026 of Proceedings of the SPIE, pages 84–94, 1997.Google Scholar
- G. Matheron. Random Sets and Integral Geometry. John Wiley, 1975.Google Scholar
- A. Meijster and M. H. F. Wilkinson. Fast computation of morphological area pattern spectra. In Int. Conf. Image Proc. 2001, pages 668–671, 2001.Google Scholar
- E. R. Urbach and M. H. F Wilkinson. Shape-only granulometries and grey-scale shape filters. In Proc. ISMM2002, pages 305–314, 2002.Google Scholar
- L. Vincent. Granulometries and opening trees. Fundamenta Informaticae, 41:57–90, 2000.Google Scholar