Propagation of Elastic Waves along Interfaces in Layered Beams
An asymptotic model is proposed for the analysis of a long-wave dynamic model for a layered structure with an imperfect interface. Two layers of isotropic material are connected by a thin and soft adhesive: effectively the layer of adhesive can be described as a surface of discontinuity for the longitudinal displacement. The asymptotic method enables us to derive the lower-dimensional differential equations that describe waves associated with the displacement jump across the adhesive.
KeywordsLayered beams imperfect interface elastic waves
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A.B. Movchan and N.V. Movchan, Mathematical Modelling of Solids with Non-regular Boundaries, 1995, CRC Press, New York, London, Tokyo.Google Scholar
- S.V. Sorokin, Introduction to Structural Acoustics, Institute of Mechanical Engineering, Aalborg University, August 1995, Report No. 28.Google Scholar
- O. Avila-Pozos, Mathematical Models of Layered Structures with an imperfect interface and delamination cracks, PhD Thesis University of Bath, 1999.Google Scholar
- A. Kozlov, V.G. Maz’ya and A.B. Movchan, Asymptotic analysis of fields in multi-structures, 1999, Oxford University Press, Oxford, New York.Google Scholar
- Z. Hashin, Plane anisotrpic beams, Journal of Applied Mechanics: Trans. ASME Series E, 1967, 257–262.Google Scholar