An Object Oriented Library for Evolution Programs
In this paper we present an object oriented library for evolution programs, developed at the Technical University of Czestochowa. The presented package contains number of C++ classes which allow to create various data structures and algorithms for evolutionary computations. This library supports optimized kernel and flexible user interface. Its main features are illustrated by the example of application to the problem of mesh partitioning.
Keywordsevolutionary programs mesh partitioning object oriented programming
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Burghardt, L. Laemmer, U. Meissner, Parallel adaptive mesh generation, Advances in Computational Mechanics with Parallel and Distributed Processing, Saxe-Coburg Publ., Edinburgh, 1997, pp. 45–51.Google Scholar
- P. Coad, E. Yourdon, Object-Oriented Design, Prentice Hall, Inc., 1991.Google Scholar
- D.E. Goldberg, Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization and Machine Learning, Addison-Wesley, 1989.Google Scholar
- G.R. Harik, F.G. Lobo and D.E. Goldberg, The compact genetic algorithm, Tech. Report 97006, Univ. of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 1997.Google Scholar
- L. Lacinski, R. Wyrzykowski, J. Kaniewski, Parallel Meshing Algorithm for Finite Element Modeling, Proc. Int. Workshop on Parallel Numerics — ParNum 2000, Bratislava, Slovakia, 2000, pp. 117–124.Google Scholar
- K.E. Mathias and D. Whitley, Transforming the search space with Gray coding, in: IEEE Conf. on Evolutionary Computation, vol. 1, 1994, pp. 513–518.Google Scholar
- Z. Michalewicz, Genetic Algorithms + Data Structures = Evolution Programs, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1996.Google Scholar
- B.L. Miller and D.E. Goldberg, Genetic algorithms, tournament selection, and the effects of noise, Tech. Report 95006, Univ. of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 1995.Google Scholar
- D.R. Musser, G.J. Derge and A. Saini, STL Tutorial and Reference Guide: C++ Programming with the Standard Template Library, Addison-Wesley, 2001.Google Scholar
- B.H. Topping and A.I. Khan, Parallel Finite Element Computations, Saxe-Coburg Publ., Edinburgh, 1996.Google Scholar
- R. Wyrzykowski, N. Sczygiol, T. Olas and J. Kanevski, Parallel finite element modeling of solidification process, Lect. Notes in Comp. Sci., vol. 1557, 1999, pp. 183–195.Google Scholar
- J. Zola, R. Wyrzykowski and L. Lacinski, Using genetic algorithms for mesh smoothing and partitioning, Proc. 5th Conf. on Neural Networks and Soft Computing, Zakopane, Poland, 2000, pp. 663–668, 2000.Google Scholar