Decoherence of a Josephson Quantum Bit during its Free Evolution: The Quantronium
Relaxation and coherence times of the quantronium, a Josephson Quantum Bit (qubit), as a function of its operating point have been measured. Several coherence times are obtained from complementary techniques such as resonance linewidth, Ramsey fringes, detuning pulse, or spin-echo measurements. We find we can explain their variations by a simple model involving modified l/f charge and phase noise spectral densities.
KeywordsPhase Noise Josephson Junction Coherence Time Qubit State Free Evolution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 7.A. Cottet, PhD thesis, UniversitParis VI, (2002); www-drecam.cea.fr/drecam/spec/Pres/Quantro/ Google Scholar
- 8.D. Vion, in Quantum Entanglement and Information Processing, D. Estève, J.M. Raimond, and J. Dalibard (eds), (Elsevier, 2004), and refs therein.Google Scholar
- 9.G. Ithier et al., Phys. Rev. Lett. Google Scholar
- 10.F. C. Wellstood, C. Urbina and J. Clarke, Appl. Phys. Lett. 50, (1987).Google Scholar
- 12.E. Paladino et al., cond-mat/0407484 (2004).Google Scholar