Hippocampal Long-Term Depression as a Declarative Memory Mechanism
KeywordsMetabotropic Glutamate Receptor Declarative Memory mGlu Receptor Memory Mechanism Contextual Fear Memory
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brandon EP, Idzerda RL, McKnight GS (1997) PKA isoforms, neural pathways, and behaviour: making the connection. Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 3:397–403.Google Scholar
- Brandon EP, Zhuo M, Huang YY, Qi M, Gerhold KA, Burton KA, Kandel ER, McKnight GS, Idzerda RL (1995) Hippocampal long-term depression and depotentiation are defective in mice carrying a targeted disruption of the gene encoding the RI beta subunit of cAMP-dependent protein kinase. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 92:8851–8855.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Dunwiddie T, Lynch G (1987) Long-term potentiation and depression of synaptic responses in the rat hippocampus: localization and frequency dependency. J Physiol. 276:353–367.Google Scholar
- Errington ML, Bliss TVP, Richter-Levin G, Yenk K, Doyere V, Laroche S (1991) Stimulation at 1–5 Hz does not produce long-term depression or depotentiation in the hippocampus of the adult rat in vivo. J. Neurophysiol. 74:1793–1799.Google Scholar
- Fitzjohn SM, Bortolotto ZA, Palmer MJ, Doherty AJ, Ornstein PL, Schoepp DD, Kingston AE, Lodge D, Collingridge GL (1998) The potent mGlu receptor antagonist LY341495 identifies roles for both cloned and novel mGlu receptors in hippocampal synaptic plasticity. Neuropharmacology. 37:1445–1458.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Fleischmann A, Hvalby O, Jensen V, Strekalova T, Zacher C, Layer LE, Kvello A, Reschke M, Spanagel R, Sprengel R, Wagner EF, Gass P (2003) Impaired long-term memory and NR2A-type NMDA receptor-dependent synaptic plasticity in mice lacking c-Fos in the CNS. J Neurosci. 23:9116–9122.PubMedGoogle Scholar
- Staubli U, Xu FB (1995) Effects of 5-HT3 receptor antagonism on hippocampal theta rhythm, memory, and LTP induction in the freely moving rat. J Neurosci. 15:445–52.Google Scholar
- Straube T, Frey JU (2003) Involvement of beta-adrenergic receptors in protein synthesis-dependent late long-term potentiation (LTP) in the dentate gyrus of freely moving rats: the critical role of the LTP induction strength. J. Neurosci. 119:473–479.Google Scholar
- Wigstrom H, Gustafsson B (1986) Postsynaptic control of hippocampal long-term potentiation. J Physiol (Paris). 81:228–236.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2005