Traffic Simulation in P-Grade as a Grid Service
Grid Execution Management for Legacy Code Architecture (GEMLCA) is a general architecture to deploy existing legacy applications as Grid services without re-engineering the original code. Using GEMLCA from the P-Grade portal, legacy code programs can be accessed as Grid services and even participate in complex Grid workflows. The parallel version of MadCity, a discrete time-based traffic simulator, was created using P-Grade. This paper describes how MadCity is offered as a Grid service using GEMLCA and how this solution is embedded into the P-Grade portal.
KeywordsGrid service GEMLCA traffic simulation Grid portal P-Grade
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Gourgoulis, G. Terstyansky, P. Kacsuk, S.C. Winter, Creating Scalable Traffic Simulation on Clusters. PDP2004. Conference Proceedings of the 12th Euromicro Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Network based Processing, La Coruna, Spain, 11–13th February, 2004.Google Scholar
- P. Kacsuk, G. Dozsa, R. Lovas: The GRADE Graphical Parallel Programming Environment, In the book: Parallel Program Development for Cluster Computing: Methodology, Tools and Integrated Environments (Chapter 10), Editors: C. Cunha, P. Kacsuk and S.C. Winter, pp. 231–247, Nova Science Publishers New York, 2001.Google Scholar
- T. Delaitre, A. Goyeneche, T. Kiss and S.C. Winter, Publishing and Executing Parallel Legacy Code using an OGSI Grid Service, Conference proceedings of the 2004 International Conference on Computational Science and its Applications. Editors: A. Lagana et al. LNCS 3044, pp. 30–36, S. Maria degli Angeli, Assisi(PG), Italy, 2004.Google Scholar
- Z. Németh, G. Dózsa, R. Lovas and P. Kacsuk, The P-GRADE Grid Portal, Conference proceedings of the 2004 International Conference on Computational Science and its Applications. Editors: A. Lagana et al. LNCS 3044, pp. 10–19, 2004, S. Maria degli Angeli, Assisi(PG), Italy.Google Scholar
- R. Lovas, G. Dózsa, P. Kacsuk, N. Podhorszki, D. Drótos, Workflow Support for Complex Grid Applications: Integrated and Portal Solutions, Proceedings of 2nd European Across Grids Conference, Nicosia, Cyprus, 2004.Google Scholar
- D. Igbe, N Kalantery, S. Ijaha, S. Winter, An Open Interface for Parallelization of Traffic Simulation. Proc 7th IEEE International Symposium on Distributed Simulation and Real Time Applications (DS-RT 2003), http://www.cs.unibo.it/ds-rt2003/ Oct 23–25 2003 Delft, The Netherlands, in conjunction with 15th European Simulation Symposium (ESS 2003), http://www.scs-europe.org/conf/ess2003/ October 26–29, 2003 Delft, The Netherlands.
- GridSphere consortium; (2003), GridSphere Tutorial, GridSphere, http://www.gridsphere.org/gridsphere/docs/index.html
- Jason Novotny, (2004), Developing grid portlets using the GridSphere portal framework, Max-Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics, http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/grid/library/gr-portlets/?ca=dgrgridw11GSPortFrame