Part of the Mechanical Engineering Series book series (MES)
Factors Affecting Nanoindentation Test Data
KeywordsResidual Stress Plastic Zone Indentation Test Depth Reading Specimen Material
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.N.M. Jennett and J. Meneve, “Depth sensing indentation of thin hard films: a study of modulus measurement sensitivity to indentation parameters,” Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 522, 1998, pp. 239–244.Google Scholar
- 3.S. Enders, P. Grau, and H.M. Hawthorne, “Determination of the real indenter shape for nanoindentation/nanotribology tests by surface metrological and analytical investigations,” Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 649, 2001, pp. Q3.6.1–Q3.6.6.Google Scholar
- 4.R.N. Bolster, unpublished work.Google Scholar
- 6.J.L. Hay, W.C. Oliver, A. Bolshakov, and G.M. Pharr “Using the ratio of loading slope and elastic stiffness to predict pile-up and constraint factor during indentation,” Mat. Res. Proc. Symp. 522, 1998, pp. 101–106.Google Scholar
- 7.N. X. Randall and C. Julia-Schmutz, “Evolution of contact area and pile-up during the nanoindentation of soft coatings on hard substrates.” Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 522, 1998, pp. 21–26.Google Scholar
- 15.J.A. Greenwood and J.H. Tripp, “The contact of two nominally rough surfaces,” Proc. Inst. Mech. Eng. 185, 1971, pp. 625–633.Google Scholar
- 21.M.M. Chaudhri and M.A. Phillips, “Quasi-static cracking of thermally tempered soda-lime glass with spherical and Vickers indenters,” Phil. Mag. A621, 1990, pp. 1–27.Google Scholar
- 22.S. Chandrasekar and M.M. Chaudhri, “Indentation cracking in soda-lime glass and Ni-Zn ferrite under Knoop and conical indenters and residual stress measurements,” Phil. Mag. A676, 1993, pp. 1187–1218.Google Scholar
- 25.B. Taljat and G.M. Pharr, “Measurement of residual stresses by load and depth sensing spherical indentation,” Mat. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 594, 2000, pp. 519–524.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag New York, Inc. 2000