Using the Development of an Environmental Management System to Develop and Promote a More Holistic Understanding of Urban Ecosystems in Durban, South Africa
KeywordsStakeholder Group Urban Ecosystem Environmental Management System Holistic Understanding Strategic Environmental Assessment
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Common Ground Consulting. 1998. Review of capacity building workshops for the Durban metropolitan environmental policy initiative. Unpublished Report.Google Scholar
- Dowdeswell, E. 1996. Editorial. Our Planet 8(1):3.Google Scholar
- Evernden, N. 1992. The social creation of nature. John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD.Google Scholar
- Hindson, D., N. King, and R. Peart. 1996. Sustainable development in the Durban metropolitan area. Indicator Press, Durban, South Africa.Google Scholar
- Markewicz English. 1998. Durban metropolitan open space system framework plan. Unpublished report.Google Scholar
- Participative Solutions Africa. 1998. South Durban strategic environmental assessment. Public Participation, Education and Capacity Building Report. Unpublished Report.Google Scholar
- Roberts, D.C., and Z. Patel. 1997. Durban’s local agenda program—planning for a sustainable future. Paper presented at the Pathways to Sustainability—LocalGoogle Scholar
- Initiatives for Towns and Cities International Conference. Newcastle, Australia. Spatial Development Framework Steering Committee. 1998. Durban metropolitan area spati al development plan. Volume 1: Spatial Development Framework. Urban Strategy Department, Durban, South Africa.Google Scholar
- United Nations Conference of Environment and Development. 1993. The Earth Summit. Graham and Trotman/Martinus Nijhoff, London, UK.Google Scholar
- World Resources Institute/The United Nations Environment Program/The United Nations Development Program/The World Bank. 1996. World Resources. A guide to the global environment. Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag New York, Inc. 2003