Object-Oriented High-Level Modeling of an Infiniband to PCI-X Bridge
This paper describes a modeling experiment that defines the skeleton for an object-oriented high-level modeling methodology. In the experiment, we built a high-level model for an InfiniBand to PCI-X bridge, using the SystemC class library. Our goal was to examine the initial modeling point and to understand the constructs needed for a model at that level of abstraction.
Key wordsHigh-level modeling design methodology object-oriented techniques
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. Grimpe and F. Oppenheimer. Aspects of object-oriented hardware modeling with SystemC-Plus. In Proceedings of the 4th Forum on Design Languages, 2001.Google Scholar
- 2.T. Kuhn, T. Oppold, C. Schulz-Key, M. Winterholer, W. Rosenstiel, M. Edwards, and Y. Kashai. Object oriented hardware synthesis and verification. In the 14th International Symposium on System Synthesis in Canada, 2001.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Mycroft and R. Sharp. The FLaSH project: Resource-aware synthesis of declarative specifications. In Proceedings of the International Workshop on Logic Synthesis, 2000.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Radetzki. Overview of Objective VHDL language. In the Proceedings of the 2nd Forum on Design Languages, pages 279–291, 1999.Google Scholar
- 5.R. Roth and D. Ramanathan. A high-level hardware design methodology using C++. In 4th High Level Design Validation and Test Workshop, pages 73–80, 1999.Google Scholar
- 6.E. Solari. PCI and PCI-X Hardware and Software The Coriolis Group, 2000.Google Scholar
- 7.D. Verkest, J. Cockx, F. Potargent, G. de Jong, and H. De Man. On the use of C++ for system-on-chip design. In Proceedings of the IEEE Workshop on VLSI, pages 42–47, April 1999.Google Scholar
- 8.D. Verkest, J. Kunkel, and F. Schirrmeister. System level design using C++. In Proceedings of Design, Automation and Test in Europe, pages 74–83, 2000.Google Scholar
- 9.J. Zhu, R. Doemer, and D. D. Gajski. Syntax and semantics of the SpecC language. In the Proceedings of Synthesis and System Integration of Mixed Technologies, 1997.Google Scholar
- 12.ODETTE-Object-oriented co-DEsign and functional Test TEchniques. RTD project IST-1999-11476 of the European Commission. http://www.odette.offis.de.