Stochastic Ordering of Order Statistics II
Part of the International Series in Operations Research & Management Science book series (ISOR, volume 46)
In this paper we survey some recent developments involving comparisons of order statistics and spacings in various stochastic senses.
KeywordsReliability theory k-out-of-n systems IFR DFR hazard rate order likelihood ratio order dispersive order sample spacings
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Boland, P. J. and F. Proschan. (1994). Stochastic order in system reliability theory. iIn Stochastic Orders and Their Applications (Eds: M. Shaked and J. G. Shanthikumar), Academic Press, San Diego, 485–508.Google Scholar
- Hu, T. and Y. Wei. (2000). Stochastic comparisons of spacings from restricted families of distributions. Technical Report, Department of Statistics and Finance, University of Science and Technology of China.Google Scholar
- Joag-Dev, K. (1995). Personal communication.Google Scholar
- Khaledi, B. and S. Kochar. (2000b). Stochastic properties of spacings in a single outlier exponential model. Technical Report, Indian Statistical Institute.Google Scholar
- Misra, N. and E.C. van der Meulen. (2001), On stochastic properties of m-spacings, Technical Report, Department of Mathematics, Katholieke University Leuven.Google Scholar
- Nanda, A. K. and M. Shaked. (2000). The hazard rate and the reversed hazard rate orders, with applications to order statistics. Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, to appear.Google Scholar
© Springer Science + Business Media, Inc. 2002