Parallel Branch-and-bound Attraction Based Methods for Global Optimzation
In this paper a parallel version of an attraction based branch-and-bound method for global optimization is presented. The method has been implemented and tested using a parallel Scali system. Some well known test functions as well as two practical problems were used for the testing. The results show the prospectiveness of dynamic load balancing for the distributed parallelization of the considered algorithm.
KeywordsGlobal optimization parallel branch-and-bound testing of GO algorithms
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Madsen, K.: Real versus interval methods for global optimization, Presentation at the Conference Celebrating the 60th Birthday of M. J. D. Powell, Cambridge, July 1996.Google Scholar
- Madsen, K. and Žilinskas, J.: Evaluating performance of attraction based subdivision method for global optimization, In: Second International Conference “Simulation, Gaming, Training and Business Process Reengineering in Operations”, RTU, Latvia, 2000, pp. 38–42.Google Scholar
- Gudmundsson, S.: Parallel Global Optimization, M.Sc. Thesis, IMM, Technical University of Denmark, 1998.Google Scholar
- Message Passing Interface Forum. MPI: A Message-Passing Interface standard (version 1.1), Technical Report, 1995. http://www.mpi-forum.org.
- Madsen, K. and Žilinskas, J.: Testing of branch-and-bound methods for global optimization, IMM-REP-2000-05, Department of Mathematical Modelling, Technical University of Denmark, DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark, 2000.Google Scholar
- Madsen, K.: Test problems for global optimization, http://www.imm.dtu.dk/~km/GlobOpt/testex/